Laying Down on the Job

Laying Down on the Job
The Santa Monica Easy

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mysterious Door

1660 Ninth St.
On my most recent trip to the Santa Monica Animal Shelter, intent on dropping off the last of my paperwork so I can eventually volunteer there, I noticed this intriguing door with the seemingly ominous door knocker.  I have no idea what's behind the door, but it's kind of spooky -- or perhaps intriguingly compelling.  I was tempted to use the knocker just to find out who would open the door and/or hear what sound would issue forth (perhaps Frau Blucher from "Young Frankenstein"?) -- but I'm not THAT fearless nor nosy -- just curious tinged with touch of drama. I'll leave it up to my imagination and conjure up my own visions of mystery, demons and Daniel Webster behind the mysterious door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment